Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Some Days

Some days I feel on edge all day...everyone is annoying.  I'm angry with Little Man because, well, he's three.  And then I feel guilty for feeling angry, but not quite guilty enough to stop being angry.  I'm agitated and on the verge of going nuts and not a single person says a single intelligent thing all day (or so it seems to me).

Yesterday was one of those days.

I have come to recognize that while I am genetically predisposed to annoyance, an all day anger affair--such as yesterday--usually means I've done too much extroverting. 

But what do you do when you're extroverted-out and you have a full schedule and a three-year-old clinging to your leg saying, "Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama..."?  Generally, I spend the day wanting to punch people.  But, this is good for no one.

I have spent the last year trying to figure out healthier rhythms for my life.  Some weeks I am successful at inserting time to recharge, others, not so much. 

Summer time in our ministry is hectic and filled with people...usually the perfect storm for an Introvert to go crazy!!  Yesterday launched my first summer schedule with a crazy little nut boy around the house and it's clear that I will have to be intentional with my time to not lose it!   It's not easy to share the love of Christ with people when their very existence is causing me agitation.

It's not easy to push back the crowding tasks and people and give my soul the space it needs to breathe, but it is necessary.  Here's to doing a better job at intentional recharging...and not wanting to punch people all day long :)!

4 comments:

  1. I'm right there with ya! If I take time away to recharge, I feel guilty - like I'm sacrificing family time. But if I don't, punching. See ya in a week :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I become a very REactive parent on those days instead of a proactive one. I feel like I am always playing defense and putting out fires. Everyone is cranky when I am and that just makes me worse. It is incredible what sticking your kids in front of a movie and isolating yourself can do on those days can do, child brain cells will have to be sacrificed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your blog. Is there a way to subscribe via e-mail? I don't use an RSS feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy. Thanks for the suggestion...I added an email subscription option! God bless!

      Delete