Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Beginning

I'm a female INTJ, and even at 29, I'm still trying to figure out what that means for my life.  I feel my passions and giftings go against the grain, and in comparison to most women they do.  I decided to start this blog because I've begun to see that I'm not the only one out there who feels this way.

Last year I wrote a blog post entitled I'm an INTJ Woman and a Freak of Nature and I got several responses from INTJ women who, I could tell, have a long history of battling the same feelings I've had.  Then I noticed that I had three times as many visits to that blog post than any other I'd written and figured I had to be on to something.  We may not bump into one another regularly (maybe because we're not the social type) but it's nice to know that we're not alone in the world.

So, I decided to start this blog as a way to tell other INTJ women that we're OK.  It seems like that's something we struggle with accepting, although no one would ever know from our presentation of ourselves.  And, also to learn from others as I continually seek what it means to follow Christ as the person He has formed me to be.

These are just my thoughts and opinions on life as a woman, wife, mother, missionary, Christ-follower, bookworm, avid people watcher, and being an INTJ!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this blog. It has made me understand why I have felt like an impostor in my own life since I was atleast 10 years old. Always wondering why I didn't seem to value friendships as much as others did and why it was so 'easy' for me to 'throw' those out that didn't make sense anymore. Now being a married woman and mother of two amazing little girls, I finally have some insight into what I once thought was my mallady. I felt functional and have ticked all the boxes for what you are supposed to get out of life, but still felt an outcast.

    Christ is the only one who could have led me to this nugget of truth, that I am an INTJ and not just psychologically damaged or somehow unworthy of my life. I have been in some form of crisis for the last 3 and a half years regarding my current well paying job, amidst my having my children and had reasoned that there is just something fundamentally wrong with me. Now I know why this has been the case so no I'm not a crazy person, thank God.

    Thank you once again for creating this blog site, it has already begun helping me to understand myself which you know for our type helps 'settle' us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Adria
    Thank you for your blog. You are a blessing. It is so good to see these deep waters being drawn out of your well. How inspiring and real you are! Thank you for sharing wisdom, understanding - thank you for your openness!
    I am 24 years old, Swiss/Samoan and a female INTJ as well. My husband Alex is an ENFP and our son Elijah is 16 months now. He just learnt how to walk a few months ago and is starting to talk more now.
    I googled "INTJ missionary" just to give it a try - and wow - there was your blog. Since July 2012 we are back with Youth with a Mission.
    I am definitely returning to your blog. I can't express how grateful I am for finding this. Thank you so much. I feel less like a misunderstood freak now;-) And if you were here, I would totally give you a hug (following your hugging guidelines of course...to make it a bit easier for both of us...)
    Thanks again
    Janice

    ReplyDelete